Say goodbye to dry skin in winter.
During winter, the skin gets tight, fuzzy and dry due to the arid weather. But it can be tackled by following some easy tips religiously on a daily basis to rejuvenate your skin,
Blossom Kochhar, chairperson of Blossom Kochhar Group and one of the pioneers in Indian skin care industry, says that cleansing and moisturising skin regularly yields desired results.
“To counter the dry skin, use a gentle cleansinglotion. Moisturising is the next important step as it helps seal in the water below the skin surface and acts as a barrier against the external changing dry weather,” she advised the public.
“However, the moisturiser should be light and gel based. Use a heavier moisturiser than you use during the warm weather,” she further added to the list. .
She suggests a few tips for glowing skin and soft lips during the cold season:
– Every night before going to bed, take one tablespoon of milk cream and mix in a few drops each of glycerin, castor oil and rose water. Mix them well and apply all over your entire face, neck and hands. Leave overnight. In the morning, wash it with cold water. Thishome remedy contains oils that form a protective barrier on skin cells, keeping moisturiser in and the harmful effects of the environment out.
– Do not try facial masks and products containing alcohol or lotions as astringents.
– To restore moisturiser, apply a facial mask containing almonds, honey and fats twice a week. Leave it on for half an hour and then wash it off.
– One can also try this homemade facial mask: Mix 1/4 cup of yoghurt, 1 teaspoon honey, 1 tablespoon of milk powder, 2 yeast tablets powdered and create a paste. Leave the paste on your face for 10 minutes. Wash off with cold water and repeat this session once a week for desired best results.
– Do not wash your face at least half an hour before going out in the cold.
– As the weather turns cold, chapping and cracking of lips becomes common since lips have no oil glands of their own. Take extra care of them by applying a coat of petroleum jelly overnight and then using lipsalve in the morning. Do not apply lipstick to chapped lips, it will dry them even more. Use moisturiser on your lips several times a day, then apply gloss to protect them.
– Go for proper manicure and pedicure sessions as hands and feet need to be looked after well during the winter season.