Recipe of Sweet Apple Halwa.
Grated apple – 1 cup (fuji apple, hard ones)
Milk – 1 cup
Milk powder – 2 tsp
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Pure ghee – 1 tsp
Saffron – few strands
Food colour as per your choice
Dry fruits for garnishing
1. Wash and grate the apple, transfer the same immediately in the milk to avoid discolouration of the apple.
2. In a kadai, add the ghee, milk and apple, food colour, saffron and boil.
3. The milk will start curdling due to the sourness of the apple. continue stirring.
4. When the mix becomes dry, add the sugar, stir continously.
5. When the halwa starts leaving the sides of the kadai, add milk powder, cardomom powder and stir.
6. When it is done, remove from the kadai and transfer in a bowl. Garnish with dry fruits.
Diet halva: Instead of using sugar, add 2 tsp sugar free when the mixer starts leaving the kadai. Do not use milk powder in this case.
Preparation time: 15 minutes.
Cooking time : 30-35 minutes (in medium flame)
Serves : 1