Recipe of Red Chori Vadai.
Red Chori (Perum Payaru/ Azuki Beans) – 2 cups
Onion – 1 (chopped)
Cumin seeds – 1.5 tsp
Ginger – 1/2 ” piece
Green Chillies – 8 (or as needed)
Curry Leaves – 2 strands (leaves chopped)
Salt – as needed
Asafoetida – a pinch
Oil – for deep frying
1. Soak the red beans (red chori) for minimum 45 minutes and drain it.
2. Grind the soaked beans with green chillies, ginger piece and cumin seeds.
3.Do not add water while grinding. The water absorbed by the beans should be sufficient for grinding. The final batter should be coarse in texture.
4. Remove the batter in a mixing bowl and mix in the chopped onions, chopped curry leaves, asafoetida and required salt.
5. In the meantime, heat the oil in a kadai for deep frying.
6. Take a small portion of the vada mixture, make a ball and press between your palms to form a small patty.
7. Deep fry in oil for about a minute on each side till it turns brown and crispy.
8. Remove the vadai and drain the excess oil using a paper towel. Serve hot with some chutney or sauce.
– If you want to make the vadas ahead of time, just place them in a 200 degree F oven till the vadas are ready to be served. This way the vadas will remain crisp.
One favor? Would you throw a link somewhere back to http://www.funyarn.com ? Pretty please? Thanks