Recipe of Chapati Rolex.
- 2cups flour
- water (warm)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 egg (optional)
- Red Onion Chopped(optional)
- 2 eggs
- Red onion
- Bell Pepper
- Pinch Salt & Pepper
- In one mixing bowl, combine flour and salt.
- Optional: crack egg into separate bowl, whisk, and then mix in flour and salt.
- Slowly add water to the mixture, working the batter into a dough. The dough should be moist (but not wet), and stick together.
- Add oil and knead the dough. Mix in finely diced onions, if desired.
- Roll dough into tennis-sized balls, and then roll out with rolling pin until about 1/3 inch thick.
- Pour oil into a frying pan and place over medium to high heat. Fry one chapati at a time, flipping over to cook until golden brown on each side. Makes 6.
- Finely chop red onion and bell pepper.
- Scramble eggs (2 per Rolex) with salt and pepper, and add in vegetables.
- Add oil to frying pan and fry egg mixture as thinly and evenly as possible.
Making the Rolex:
- Lay chapati flat and sit egg omelet on top.
- From one side, roll the chapati and omelet together.