Natural Home remedies for All Skin types. Generally, the modern lifestyle is full of stress, anxiety and mental tensions. The fast and high tech lifestyle consumes a lot of body energy, and the natural body processes are unable to produce enough energy to keep us going. Factors like irregular eating habits, not eating enough natural foods, over-indulgence, using too many chemicals, drugs, lack of proper exercise, and pollution etc. further weaken our energy. Thus the vital force of the body (Ojas), which maintains lustre and glow, is reduced in the body.
To maintain this glow or beauty, we turn to cosmetic surgery and artificial chemical cosmetics, which cause many side effects, as they are not in harmony with our body system. Thus the skin becomes even more unhealthy and less beautiful.
Ayurveda mentions many simple natural ways to maintain a healthy and glowing skin. Using these natural ways, one can stay beautiful for a longer period without having to suffer the side effects of the chemicals.
- Mix equal quantities of cucumber juice, rose water and lime juice. Wash the face and apply it overnight. Rinse off in the morning. This clears the complexion and keeps it healthy.
- Take 50 ml. of raw (not boiled) milk and mix a pinch of salt and two teaspoonful of lime juice in it. Use it as a cleansing lotion. It helps to clean the deep pores of skin.
- Mix equal quantities of lime juice, glycerine and rose water. This lotion if applied to the face regularly at bed time is very useful in removing pimples, blackheads and other stains of the skin. It makes the skin soft, and can also be applied to other parts of the body (hands, feet etc.)
- Take 50 ml. of tomato juice and mix with one teaspoon of lemon juice. Apply this mixture to the face. It helps to make the skin soft and glowing.
- Take equal quantities of turmeric powder and wheat flour and make a paste with sesame oil. Apply it to the face to remove unwanted hair.
- Apply orange juice to the face for smooth and soft skin.
- Take 30 ml. of cabbage juice and mix one teaspoon of honey in it. This mixture, if applied regularly to the face, helps to keep the wrinkles away.
- Make a paste of raw carrots and apply it to the face. Wash it after one hour. The skin will become glowing.
- Regular application of mint juice to the face helps to remove stains.
Try out some of these simple natural remedies for smooth, clear and radiant complexion.