Home Remedies with HONEY. Honey is a sweet yellow to rich amber colored viscous fluid produced by bees. Other insects can also produce honey, but bee honey is the product which most people are familiar with, since it has been consumed for centuries as a sweetener. As an alternative to sugar, honey is a sweet, dense flavorful food which can vary widely in taste and color, depending on what the bees are eating. Most grocers sell honey, since it is a very popular food around the world.
To harvest honey, humans set up apiaries, facilities specifically designed for housing bees. Thebeekeeper provides a solid structure for the bees to use as a hive, and an assortment of flowers may be planted in the region to flavor the honey and encourage the bees to stay. A colony of bees includes a single queen, an assortment of drones, and a large number of worker bees. The social structure of a hive of bees is actually quite complex, and naturalists have devoted extensive study to the lives of bees and the ways in which they communicate.
Home Remedies with HONEY
- Regular use of honey mixed with the carrot juice helps to improve the eyesight. It should be taken one hour before meals in the morning.
- Mixture of equal quantities of honey and ginger juice is a good expectorant. It gives immediate relief in symptoms like cold, cough, sore throat, congestion of chest and runny nose.
- Mix half a gram of black pepper powder with honey and ginger juice mixture (equal quantity). Take this mixture at least three times a day. It helps to cure asthma.
- Take one teaspoonful of garlic juice mixed with two teaspoonful of honey. It can be taken twice a day in the morning and evening. Regular use of this mixture is beneficial for high blood pressure.
Blood Purification and Fat Reduction
- Take one glass of warm water and mix 1-2 teaspoonful of honey and one teaspoonful of lemon juice. Take this preparation daily before evacuation. It helps to purify the blood. It also helps to reduce fat and to clean the bowels.
- One teaspoonful of anise powder mixed with one or two teaspoonful of honey acts a very nice tonic for the heart. It strengthens the heart muscles and improves its functions.