Maintaining for Daily Diet Ideas for Diabetes. It is very difficult to maintain the diet properly, that to as a diabetic. Yes, it’s true, every one has to accept it. Here i’m giving you some ideas for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner ideas… Take care of your health…. 🙂
1. 2 tablespoons reduced fat natural peanut butter on 2 slices of 100% whole wheat toast.
2. 2 ounces low fat cheese on 2 slices of 100% whole wheat toast or 1
100% whole wheat tortilla. Top with a sliced tomato, if desired.
3. ½ cup low fat cottage cheese with 1 cup blueberries.
4. 3 slices Canadian bacon or lean ham on one 100% whole wheat English muffin
5. ½ cup cooked old-fashioned Oatmeal with 1 cup low fat milk
6. 1 egg with 1 ounce of lean ham and 2 slices of 100% whole wheat toast
7. 1 cup cooked oatmeal with low fat milk.
Eat a sandwich on 100% whole wheat bread. For the filling choose from a thin slice of ham, lean roast beef, chicken or turkey breast, plus a slice of low fat cheese. Salmon or tuna, canned in water, or an egg is also a good choice. Add lots of vegetables to the sandwich or eat them on the side. Add salad if you need more to eat in order to get full. Finish your lunch with a piece of fresh fruit.
For additional luncheon ideas choose from:
1. Fast food grilled chicken breast sandwich with side salad and reduced fat dressing
2. Grilled chicken salad with reduced fat salad dressing
3. Cheese sandwich on 100% whole wheat bread with 1 large raw tomato
4. Turkey on 100% whole wheat bread with lettuce, tomato, onion and small amount of mayonnaise
5. Low fat cottage cheese with 1 cup of cantaloupe
6. 1 whole wheat pita pocket with tuna salad
7. Lean Cuisine Glazed Chicken or similar frozen meal with ≤30 grams carbohydrate
Eat as many vegetables as you want, using a small amount of meat, chicken or fish.
Here are some dinner suggestions:
1. Broiled Lean Hamburger Patty
1 cup navy beans
1 fresh sliced tomato
1 cup string beans
1 cup cantaloupe
2. Fish, baked, broiled or grilled
1 cup green beans
1 cup pinto beans
3. Boiled shrimp in spaghetti sauce over 3cups vegetable mix
(broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, onions, mushrooms)
1 cup strawberries in sugar-free Jell-O
4. Taco Salad
1 cup kidney beans
3 ounces lean ground beef
1 ounce grated cheese
2 cups lettuce
¼ cup onion
1/3 cup Picante Sauce
2 tablespoons sour cream, optional
4 dried apricots
5. Steak, sirloin or filet mignon
1 baked sweet potato
Tossed salad with reduced fat dressing
6. Pork Chop
1 cup black-eyed peas
1 cup collards
7. Baked or barbeque chicken
½ cup navy beans
1 cup collards
1 baked apple
A slice of 100% whole wheat toast
A fresh orange
A small can of baked beans
A piece of 100% whole wheat pita bread with hummus
A big apple
Keep vegetables like celery and carrot sticks, radishes, baby tomatoes, florets of cauliflower or broccoli cleaned and ready to eat
In general, eating fast foods or restaurant food frequently is not recommended. Foods eaten out provide too many fat and carbohydrate calories in one meal. If you are trying to lose weight, you should avoid fast food in general. In restaurants, try ordering lean meats, vegetables, salads and avoiding pastas, potatoes, bread and desserts. If you eat a large meal, then walk for 30-60 minutes after eating it to prevent blood sugars and insulin levels from rising. If you attend a party, choose appetizers that are fresh raw vegetables. Limit alcohol and sugared drinks. Stick with flavored water or diet drinks.